After reflecting: Some of my favorite parts of traveling on the #amtrak Southwest Chief (CHI to LAX, and back)
- Thunderstorm over the Kansas plains at night.
- The Mississippi river crossing.
- Trains crossing in the fog.
- Mountain passes on the CO/NM border.
- The Pecos Wilderness area in New Mexico.
- The Albuquerque water stop vendors.
- Sunrise over NV/CA.
- 6 days of being disconnected from the world with nothing but a laptop and a (virtual) stack of books.
Almost forgot the food! #amtrak dining cars have a limited menu, but what they have is really good.